Monday, November 7, 2011

If the violation is written incorrectly for obediance to traffic control device in PA, should I say not guilty?

I was pulled over here in State College, PA for obedience to traffic control devices? The fine says "I failed to obey posted sign no left turn at Do Not Enter Signs." To begin with I made a right, not a left. Furthermore there is no "No Left Turn" sign posted; for obvious reasons, I made a right. Secondly the police officer could not visibly see that I made such a turn where he was if i took a picture of where i turned and where he was located on the road, looking down would that help? There are houses and an ally on the street i turned on which means he basically umed i made the right there, or the left as he said. The houses in between the officers car, and where i made the turn allow people to drive up and down that road in either direction. Thirdly the road is not "one way," there is just a sign with a right turn sign and an x through it. I was working pizza delivery it was icy/snowy, my car had just been sliding all over the road. This specific officer has pulled me over many times in the past year for no reason, in order to see if I had been drinking. Let me also mention state college is number one i believe in the state and also nationally known for DUI's. Should I plead not guilty? Do you feel that I have a chance? Is there anything legal that states that the ticket has to match the action of the fine written on the ticket, rendering it void?

No comments:

Post a Comment