Monday, November 7, 2011

Do you have such a strong regional accent, that it makes pronouncing certain words VERY bloody difficult?

And if so, what words do you have particular trouble, pronouncing right? With me, anything ending in 'ail' or 'ale' immediately springs to mind- for instance, the words 'Towel', 'Tail' and 'Tale' all sound more or less the same, when I say them. They all come out something like "Tao", and there's little, (if any difference whatsoever), in the way they sound, the way I say them. Similarly, with the word 'Male'- (when I say it, it comes out something like 'Mao'.) Now, try as I may, I just can't get the bloody pronunciations of these particular words right, and for the record, that must be an Edmonton, (North London) thing, in general, because my mum and my sister can't get the pronunciations of the words I've told told you that I can't get right, right, either, and nor could many of my mates, who also come from Edmonton. That must just be a "Norf Landon fing". However, up in Lincoln, (where I've lived for over four years now), they pronounce the words 'Tail', 'Tale' and 'Male' the way they're meant to be pronounced. Anyway, I'm sure there's also many other words I have trouble with, because of my accent, but none immediately spring to mind- (I suppose I'd really have to think about it, in order to come up with other examples. These are just the ones that I'VE noticed on me, myself!) Are there any words YOU GUYS have trouble with, because of your accents, and if so, what are these words you have trouble with? I'd really appreciate your angles on this one, please, guys. Much obliged! Peace and love! Be lucky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment